Buying a home is a significant and exciting decision! This section provides professional real estate advice and helpful home buying tips from the Team at CENTURY 21® Shutters & Sails.
A CENTURY 21® Agent is ready to make a full-time commitment to help you capitalize on current market opportunities and assist you in making an informed decision.
To ensure you make the right choice for the long term, a CENTURY 21 Agent offers extensive knowledge in:
- Neighborhoods, schools and market conditions
- Mortgage specialists who can assist you with your financing
- Technology that gives them an edge, along with multiple resources available just for you on century21.com
Would you like to receive more information on the home buying process? Contact a CENTURY 21 Agent or sign up for MyC21 (My CENTURY21).
1 2010 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
Finding the right real estate agent can make you a savvy consumer and improve your overall experience.
How We Can Help You Buy a Home
Whether it’s your first home or if you’re an experienced buyer, purchasing a home is a complex process.
By working with us, you’ll find a home in the neighborhood where you want to live, one that fits your budget and meets your goals for features, quality and value.
Once you’ve found the home that’s right for you, we will guide you through the process of making an offer; negotiating the terms of the sale; getting your potential purchase inspected, repaired and appraised; and closing the sale.
When you work with us, you will:
- Be more likely to find the home that meets all your criteria
- Lessen the amount of time it will take to find your home
- Understand all the terms, processes and documents used when buying your home
- Have up-to-date market information that will allow you to make informed decisions
- Have a skilled negotiator working on your behalf, one who is committed to looking after your best interests
- Enjoy peace of mind, knowing that all the details of your purchase are being taken care of by an experienced and knowledgeable professional
How We Can Help You Sell a Home
Helping find a buyer for your home is only one facet of a real estate professional’s job. There are many more aspects including explaining the basic real estate practices and principles and all the related paperwork, Performing a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to help determine your home’s value, helping to prepare your home for sale, listing your home, marketing your home, keeping you informed throughout the process. When the sale begins, it’s important to work with someone who will assist you with the paperwork, negotiate on your behalf, make sure deadlines are met, and work with the escrow company.
By working with us, you will:
- Be more likely to realize the highest return on the sale of your home
- Reduce the number of days your home is on the market
- Become familiar with all the terms, processes and paperwork involved in selling your home
- Have confidence that your home will enjoy exposure to more buyers and agents with qualified buyers
- Receive regularly updated market information that will enable you to make informed decisions
- Have a skilled negotiator working on your behalf
- Have peace of mind knowing that all the details of your sale are being handled properly by a licensed and trained professional
Thinking of Buying or Selling? Shutters & Sails is staffed to handle both sides of a real estate transaction with designated agents to represent the best interests of the buyer and seller. With full disclosure and informed consent in writing, the principals and broker who represent both parties as a dual agent may designate a sales agent to represent the buyer and another sales agent to represent the seller to negotiate the purchase and sale of real estate.
Shutters & Sails has offices in Mystic CT, Stonington CT, Niantic CT, Groton Long Point CT, and Fishers Island NY. Several of our agents are also licensed in Rhode Island and may assist with your search or sale there.
Did you know that most real estate agents are seller’s agents? That means that unless you have a buyer agency agreement or dual agency agreement, the person you’re sharing your personal information with works for the seller, not you.
A buyer’s agent has, without limitation, the following fiduciary duties to the buyer: reasonable care, undivided loyalty, confidentiality, full disclosure, obedience, and duty to account. In addition, the buyer’s agent is also subject to any specific provisions set forth in an agreement between the agent and the buyer.
In dealings with the seller, the buyer’s agent should: exercise reasonable skill and care in performance of the agent’s duties, deal honestly, fairly and in good faith and disclose all facts known to the agent materially affecting the buyer’s ability and/or willingness to perform a contract to acquire the seller’s property that are not inconsistent with the agent’s fiduciary duties to the buyer.
A seller’s agent has, without limitation, the following fiduciary duties to the seller: reasonable care, undivided loyalty, confidentiality, full disclosure, obedience, and duty to account. In addition the seller’s agent is also subject to any specific provisions set forth in an agreement between the agent and the seller. In dealings with the buyer, the seller’s agent should : exercise reasonable skill and care in performance of the agent’s duties, deal honestly, fairly and in good faith and disclose all facts known to the agent materially affecting the value or desirability of the property, except as otherwise provided by law.